HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, we recently were hired to change zone thermostats for a dual stage forced air system. We installed Honeywell RTH9585WF1004 thermostats per the customer request. They also have three Amana Ptacs that they would like to install Honeywell wifi thermostats that will work with the Honeywell Total Home app. The caveat is there are no wires run in the walls for remote thermostats. The logistics are very poor to run wires without going exposed. Is there any combination of controls that we could install to go wireless that would still work with the Honeywell Total Home App? Is there a Redlink setup that would work? I am fairly new to the Total Home connected product line. Thanks.

·
Administrator
908 Posts
Contact Amana, and find out if their wireless thermostats can work with the Honeywell app. Their thermostats are made by Honeywell.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The standard Amana Digi-Smart wireless thermostat is not compatible. It works on radio frequency and just "talks" to the receiver you mount on the ptac. I did a ton of research this past week and found nothing from Amana specifically that works with the Honeywell app. I will however call Amana tech support tomorrow and ask specifically.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts