HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
i've actually went to a house before,and as i was walking around to the back yard i was talking to h.o. about the nice deck he had built and get over to the unit and he had took deck boards and built a nice box for the condensing unit as well:no:

·
North of 52
122 Posts
Have seen a few like that one. Worst part is that in some narrow homes there is no room between the 2 homes to install a new unit as the walkway is there. Plus the new units have a much larger footprint. May end up putting the unit on the deck and buying a ultra quiet model like the Lennox XC15 or others.

·
Tech./Sales Consultant
609 Posts
That is the reason I got out of contracting and went into manufacturing rep and distribution:sad:

Even now I have to contend with some head knockers though. I just installed a new heat pump for my brother. The heat pump is under stairs going to his upper deck. I hit my head at least a dozen times when I work on this thing.

·
Tech./Sales Consultant
609 Posts
Actually, I had a customer who had a very similar set up as this. The difference may have been that he had an opening built around the unit large enough for me to get into from the top of the deck, so it really wasn't that bad.

·
Registered
599 Posts
i went under a dark deck just ONCE, but never again.

When I got to the unit I was mugged by a family of Raccoons.

They got me good.

·
North of 52
122 Posts
Great idea: hide the A/C under the deck so the house/property tax assessor cannot see it and you pay less taxes.:thumbsup:

·
komatsu375
1 Posts
introduce

Seen a few like that only had to actualy get down and dirty on one though.I just seen a good one last week two single wide mobile homes butted together. With a 5 ton unit on top so said the h o I took his word for it wasnt about to climb up and see they looked like 1960s or 70s modle trailers had to tell him I,m not that guy. Dont climb on antic mobile home roofs. It looked unsafe as it gets .:no:STORMAN NORMAN.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is fine it keeps the snow away from the door on the deck... Years ago Carrier had round units and I cam across this unit that someone installed with the door against the house so you could only open it about 2 inches o servicing was next to impossible. Gotta love when you have to tell the HO that to fix their AC you need to move the unit.. Kind of wish they had Cell phones with cameras back then..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts