HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IVE BEEN ON MY OWN FOR ABOUT A YEAR AND ID LIKE TO HEAR IDEAS TO IMPROVE MY COMPANY...THANKS:blink:

·
Registered
3 Posts
watch ur back like anything else in the world whats ur exp., how old r u and ur counterpart what part of jersey?

·
HVAC
5 Posts
Well if you were wanting to expand to try to get new business, or more work try hooking up with realty companies. People looking to buy a new house needs to have the units inspected and checked out before they buy. Charge your fee for the inspection and go on to the next.

·
Administrator
957 Posts
On the resi end, try direct mailings, post cards work. But you get small responses, and generally have to send them out twice to the same people, to get responses.

Commercial, helps to have a inside name when you contact them. But cold call contacting can work if you get there when the maintenance head is there. Some places will respond to a phone call, if they are unhappy with their current provider.

Take along references. And never be afraid to name drop.

Don't forget to stay in contact with any commercial place you do a bid and get the install. You can pick up the maintenance for the other equipment, if you call them down the road a few months to 6 months, and just say you want to check and make sure everything is ok with the new equipment you installed. A little good will goes a long way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On the resi end, try direct mailings, post cards work. But you get small responses, and generally have to send them out twice to the same people, to get responses.

Commercial, helps to have a inside name when you contact them. But cold call contacting can work if you get there when the maintenance head is there. Some places will respond to a phone call, if they are unhappy with their current provider.

Take along references. And never be afraid to name drop.

Don't forget to stay in contact with any commercial place you do a bid and get the install. You can pick up the maintenance for the other equipment, if you call them down the road a few months to 6 months, and just say you want to check and make sure everything is ok with the new equipment you installed. A little good will goes a long way.
THANKS FOR THE INFO...:yes:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Easy way would be to find another 1 man shop that is closing down. Ask the supply house for name of old timers in the area. Then contact them and offer a percentage of any work he sends to you. You just set up the calls to record and forward so you both can check on how much work he is sending you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Providing quality work and document it online. Ask happy customers to leave positive reviews on different sites. This will help with ranking well locally and also help build up your brand.

·
Registered
5 Posts
More Business & Revenues

My business jumped when I started offering customer financing for the bigger jobs. I get paid right away and the finance company takes over the payment collections.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Very slick. Providing value and using it as an opportunity to upsell.

Love it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don't waste your time and money on trying to get your website to rank - your return on investment will be minimal at best.

Instead - use paid advertising to reach your local target market - I've been using cheap Facebook advertising to do this for years.

Contact me if you need help.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts