HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum. Hello all...I have some knowledge of a lot of things......and am thinking about training to be a HVAC technician late in life...I was thinking about a career change, after doing the same thing for 25 years....

I have a Trane air handler and AC system. Newly installed 1.5 years ago.

Yesterday, the transformer went out, no noises, nada, just got a notification on my phone that my thermostat died...so I checked for 24V behind thermostat on common, no Voltage....so, I went into the attic....it looked a little burnt, but I replaced it after verifying I had voltage in, but not out and was happy to get my AC working again with NO issues whatsoever....I live in Florida BTW.

This morning, it was a little chilly, so I turned my air handler on with thermostat (heat strip etc), and it sort of shook the whole house?????

Turned it off. Turned fan on only, worked fine-no noise. Turned it back to cool-A/C and fan kicked on no issues, no noise, cools fine.

Went and turned mode to HEAT again, house was shaking with noise...it sounds like a metallic, bubbling sound from the coil...but there's no fan in the coil area....I have a T6 so I can remotely turn thermostat on and off or pull the disconnect next to my air handler.

Here's a link to a video of the noise...from the coil area...

Any ideas?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.