HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about how those companies advertise $59 and $69 AC tune up.
What they really doing is they are sending a salesman and customers are paying for a sales pitch.
It cost companies a lot more than $69.00 to send a technician to customer' house between drive time and paying the technician an average of $35 an hour.

The second scam is the 12 year parts and labor warranty.
all manufactures of Air conditioning and heating equipment such as Lennox, Bryant, Train Goodman etc provide a free part warranty attached to the the serial number of the unit. you can also purchase and additional two years at a few dollars more.
Companies who advertise a 12 year parts and labor warranty are not truthful as their contract to install a new system will specifically include a preventive service agreement that you must sign and pay a few hundreds of dollars yearly for the duration of that free labor warranty

·
Registered
HVAC
4 Posts
You can legally offer 10 year labor warranty, you pay extra for the coverage through the manufacturer or from a third party. If you need to make a repair during the coverage period you would make necessary repairs and bill the place you purchased the warranty from. What you get paid depends on who you bought the coverage from and what reimbursement you choose. I work in this industry, if you would like more insight let me know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts