HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi- My husband is starting his side business in AC and as I will be in charge of the "office" work but have no real experience in AC I'd like to ask for your advice on the best software programs to keep track of financial status and customer information. I'd like for one system to be able to give us, POs, invoices, inventory tracking, job details,opportunity tracking/reminders, customer information, billing etc.
Since we are start up and small I'd prefer to keep the initial investment low to free and improve as we grow without too much hassle (ie changing programs etc).
I was told Quickbooks but I'm not familiar with it, what are your opinions and which quickbooks since I've notice there are various?
I've also run across a web based program called working point.

Please any information will be valuable! I have office experience just not AC experience.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ac start up

thank you ARTCO- can you tell me which quickbooks? Do you also manage contacts here?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Field One

We use a software by Field One... It is for HVAC Contractors and is the best I have ever used and I have been through many... You can google them and call... They are out of NY... Trust me! This is the software to use! I shopped for over two years and they are the BEST!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've seen several of them. I like these two...HVAC Pack Software which is designed for Quick Books ( www.HVACPack.com ) and the other is S2000WIN Field Service Software. The HVAC Pack software is integrated with Quick Books and offers a very solid solution at a fair price. The S2000WIN software is much more flexible for a medium size company. They are at www.S2000Software.com. It is also more expensive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm using QuickBooks Online Essentials for my company. $27 a month, everything is online. I can access everything no matter where I am, and I don't need to worry about doing a backup or loosing any information if my computer dies. It also ties into my bank account and keeps everything synced. I am also accepting credit cards through my cell phone on jobsites which is also all tied in together. I like having everything tied in together, and for the price, it's right for me.

Works for me so far, but i'm a very small operation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts