HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been in business for 46 years and have always tried to do things the correct way. In a mix group meeting of dealers I mentioned sizing equipment by the sensible heat gain and not the total load only. Of the 10 companies there, I was the only one sizing this way. We are located on the gulf coast, with high humidity. I have always been taught to size this way. Am I wrong?
Can you teach an old dog new tricks?

·
Administrator
947 Posts
Suppose to size to meet both requirements.

Its in Manual S how to do so..

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've been in business for 46 years and have always tried to do things the correct way. In a mix group meeting of dealers I mentioned sizing equipment by the sensible heat gain and not the total load only. Of the 10 companies there, I was the only one sizing this way. We are located on the gulf coast, with high humidity. I have always been taught to size this way. Am I wrong?
Can you teach an old dog new tricks?
In Arizona you would be correct, but not where you are.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In Arizona you would be correct, but not where you are.
You may mean just the opposite, but I appreciate your reply. I moved to this site trying to deal with folks in the business and I get very little response.
Thank You!

·
Registered
22 Posts
No, I meant what I said. We are taught to ONLY concern ourselves with total sensible, you have latent concerns we do not. The way you have been doing it would be correct in Arizona, but not in your location.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts