HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll start by saying that I do very little duct work with my job. So I'm having a probablem designing the duct work for my own house. I have a Harmon wood pellet furnace that I was using as a air handler for my AC. Well after several leaks in the old 10 seer unit I got a entire new system, in which came with a air handler, and I'm horrible at duct design.

My first question is does it matter if I pipe the supply ductwork into the existing ductwork sideways? ( narrow into wide ) I wasn't sure how that would affect the static pressure.

My second question is do I need to worry about dampers to prevent backflow into the system not being used?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that's what I was thinking, but the directions with the furnance said I wouldn't have to bother with either... Normally I would ask a guy at work to design it, but he is on vacation, so I'm stuck doing this one myself... Any hints in general will be appreciated

·
Administrator
966 Posts
You'll either need backflow dampers. or manual dampers to close each off from the other when your not going to use which ever on.

Use splitter tee.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts