Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Imagine a fragrance diffusion machine that produces a mist of fragrance oil, and pumps it out from a 6 mm ID hose, the exhaust pressure is less than 20 mbar, very low pressure.
I tried to connect this hose to the airduct, and made a custom apparatus. We drilled a hole 20mm diameter, and inserted an elbow shaped small fixture where the fragrance mist comes out (sealed perfectly afterwards) ,and we made sure that the fragrance output (mist) is blown to the same direction as the air flow in the air duct.

Now, the problem is most of the time, either because of the air pressure in the air duct or the speed of the air flow, or both, the air in the air duct wants to escape through our little elbow fixture, and this causes the fragrance mist pumped back out.

My question is;
If you want to inject a fragrance diffusion mist by using the method above, what would you suggest?
Or, is there a better solution? like, a bypass or something ?

This application is for scenting large indoor areas by connecting to the HVAC units thru air ducts.

Thank you, and I am looking forward to receive your professional opinion on this question.

Bye
http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=3765812

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.