HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

R22 is over $350.00 for 30lbs tanks. Any solutions out there.
I see this new item by a company called Ecofreeez. EF-22a.
They claim thats it's a drop in replacemnet for R22 and can be used to top off and/or replace. Its made of hydrocarbons.
Very reasonable in price.
Any thoughts aout there will be greatly appereciated.

Joe Darby

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great Stuff!!

I have used the stuff and its great. I was skeptical at first like you are, but I took the risk and just ordered some. It worked like a charm- I used less and still got the same temps. It also ran at lower amperage. I am officially finished with paying over inflated prices for R22.

·
Administrator
966 Posts
The EPA has not approved propane to be used in central cooling systems.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You said that you can use this to top off? Have you done this? what happen to your pressures? never good to start mixing gases.

·
Registered
2 Posts
a/c repaer

there max you can use ecofreeez 22a to replease the r22 it is a bit coolder and you have no problem you Amp will go down +_ 30% dut look for instuction how to replease the freon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
r438a

We're currently converting 20 units to r438a from 22. we've done about 6 of them so far and things seem ok. Pressures and temps are pretty close to pre convert. fyi for dryship units the manufacturer says it will void the warranty if you say it has r438.

So far so good. time will tell, also to note its not that hot yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You could use the NU22B it just need a new filter drier different pressures you could download the pt chart in the icor website

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello

R22 is over $350.00 for 30lbs tanks. Any solutions out there.
I see this new item by a company called Ecofreeez. EF-22a.
They claim thats it's a drop in replacemnet for R22 and can be used to top off and/or replace. Its made of hydrocarbons.
Very reasonable in price.
Any thoughts aout there will be greatly appereciated.

Joe Darby
here in florida prices for r22 are above the $500 !!
as for r22 replacement , they work great for us.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My understanding is that you cannot top of with any refrigerant you are better of evacuating and do a vaccum then recharge, I have been using 421a and it has worked great, I have only had one goodman 5 ton that came up to 400 psi on high side and 31 temp. on low I am thinking if I put a 6 ton piston in it I may be fine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts