HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dry R-22 system that a customer was asking if I could just put R-410a in and run it. I do understand the oil is the same, all we would need to change is the TXV. My queston would be, will the system run or operate correctly after the change?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a dry R-22 system that a customer was asking if I could just put R-410a in and run it. I do understand the oil is the same, all we would need to change is the TXV. My queston would be, will the system run or operate correctly after the change?
Not at all. The compressor would have to be changed to a 410 compressor

·
Registered
79 Posts
you would need to change out the compressor so it really isnt work dealing with. you can get it to work but its just like I said "not worth it"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.