HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Tech./Sales Consultant
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems to be a few Pennsyltuckian members here already. Is this site originating from Eastern PA?

·
Tech./Sales Consultant
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I'm still fairly new to PA, so I've never heard of Austin, PA or Canada, PA:laughing:

·
Administrator
947 Posts
PA.

I heard they have A mish there. Are you A mish. :laughing: ROFL

PA, its not the end of the world, but you can spit over it from here.:shifty:

·
Tech./Sales Consultant
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PA.

I heard they have A mish there. Are you A mish. :laughing: ROFL

PA, its not the end of the world, but you can spit over it from here.:shifty:
I'm not A mish, but I have a lot of A mish folk living around me. There are also Men Knights, who sometimes look similar to A mish.

Most of these people are called Pennsylvania Dutch, even though they never were Dutch. Seems that Germans don't care much what you call them in this part of the world.

·
Tech./Sales Consultant
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL... Thats true.

And then you had to go and move to Buck yet.
Yea, I understand that the "civilized" folk up in Willow Street consider those of us below the 272 railroad tunnel to be a bunch of hicks:yes:

·
Registered
599 Posts
You been hangin' in Philly.

The city i live in has made the top ten best places to raise a family fifteen running.

·
Tech./Sales Consultant
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You been hangin' in Philly.

The city i live in has made the top ten best places to raise a family fifteen running.
With all of the unempolyment, is it still one of the best places or is there a mass exodus from Detroit?

·
Registered
599 Posts
With all of the unempolyment, is it still one of the best places or is there a mass exodus from Detroit?

All the unemployment is spread across the state. Detroit has always had a high unemployment rate even in good times.

Our city has always been able to keep city services going even in lean times.

·
Registered
250 Posts
There are way to many resons to avoid Detroit to me. The weather, unemployement, gangs, drugs, crime rate, and general look of the place is enough for me. Yeah I know there are some nice places a little east and south along the lake but they are still too close for my liking.

P.S. aren't like 50% of retired Michiganers snow birds?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Youze better watch how you talks 'bout my hood. brother.

Only Snow birds I know is the ones who uses.:001_tongue:

·
Registered
89 Posts
MI Rocks!!!!

MI is sweet because we get the best and worst of all kinds of weather. Its always unpredictable and there are soo many different places to see and things to do! We have the best snowmobile and ATV trails. The Great Lakes are like oceans without the salt or the deadly sea creatures!Thousands of inland lakes and streams for excellent fishing, boating, canoeing, rafting, and almost any outdoor activity you can think of. And GM can leave if it wants, but I believe MI is a very resourceful State, and WE will survive just fine with or without the manufacturing industry.:yes:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts