HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I got my new system installed(Lennox 16ACX, ML296V) last month, and Nest wired as 2-stage cooling. What concerns me is I double it the system is wired as 2-stage cooling. I never had 2 stages of cooling before, but it feels like the 1st stage is pretty strong cooling and I don't feed the comfort improvement with 2 stages at all.
I checked the installation manual on both the furnace and ac unit and found 2 suspecting points.

1. The furnace manual says:

"The unit is set up at the factor for single stage cooling. For two stage cooling operation, clip the jumper wire located between the Y to Y2 terminals on the integrated ignition/blower control board"

So what does this "clip" mean here, does it mean to cut the jumper wire that is there for the default single stage? I opened the furnace door and found a jumper wire between Y and Y2 is there, no cut. I doubt the crew forget to do that and left my used as a single stage AC?

2. Next question is about the wire from the furnace to the outdoor unit, my old system had 18-2 cables, so only 2 wires in that cable, and my 16ACX manual shows there should be 3 wire to the outdoor unit, Y1, Y2 and C. However that 18-2 wire goes outside now connects to the Y1 and Y2, and there is no wire for the C connection. Seems like they should change out that cable to a 3 wire cable and they somehow cut corners to have a C wire from elsewhere in the outdoor unit?

I am going to reach out to the company that installed my system but I'd like to get some education from elsewhere first to better understand this.

Thanks in advance!

Book Publication Font Paper Writing

Electricity Line Circuit component Electronic engineering Electrical wiring

Rectangle Font Parallel Engineering Pattern

Schematic Rectangle Font Engineering Parallel

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts