HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Mighty Pump drain line pump by Rectorseal is amazing. You no longer need a wet-vac to plug in to clear a drain from outside the house. This thing has so much suction it is unbelievable and is light and takes seconds to clear a clogged drain. Finally something that really makes something a little easier. no more cutting drain lines to blow out with nitrogen or co2 cartridges. Found it at gemaire distributors, very inexpensive. By the way it only sucks out and doesn't blow back into the drain like others that were on the market.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Looks like a sweet little pump. The price isn’t bad either and has got to be easier than dragging around a nitro tank and Drain Dawg blow bulb or wet vac and extension cord.

·
Registered
6 Posts
better for me

I like the mighty pump idea but I plagued with a space problem like most service vans. I use a brass nand neld pump I got from Sid Harvey. They also sell one at RAL Supply, RE Michel and Grainger. Its similar but smaller and stores in a small grey plastic case. It was designed to clear oil lines. It has hoses and adapters for flare fittings and 3/4 hoses. It was easily fit with a 3/4 pvc compression fitting and a 3/4 rubber stopper fitting. I can use the same pump to clear drains with suction or pressure, add antifreeze to a boiler, inject into a solar system, acid clean a domestic coil, remove water fron a drain pan, pump down a toilet before removal. I also use it to pressure test plumbing syatems for inspection, find blowout in baseboards afetr a freeze up and many other tasks.
It has easily been the most versatile tool I have ever bought.
If anyone is interested I'll post pics of it and give any numbers and links to find it.
Rusty:thumbsup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the link. I have had one for years and it does not do what the Mighty Pump does. It is used for clearing refrigerant lines. The Mighty Pump is designed for drain lines and provides a lot more power than any shop vac without the need for electric. It is however slightly larger than the Mitco.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.