HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a family that turned the heat on for the first time this year and the unit ran. When it came time to run again the thermostat had gone blank.

Took a look at the thermostat and have 22-23 volts on red wire. All looks okay except thermostat being blank.

I went out and took the access panel off and I get 120 v on each terminal of the relay. I see a coil under the relay I suppose is for the 24 volt.

I've pushed the relay in and the fan does not come on nor compressor. Contacts look a bit pitted but nothing else stands out.

Model Number is RPKA-O61JAZ

Can I get a hand in fixing this? Any ideas what to check?

Thank You

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Over 30 views on this post and not one comment. :laughing:

I fixed the problem and hope you guys that could not offer up a reply spend an eternity wallowing in rat feces contaminated insulation.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Over 30 views on this post and not one comment. :laughing:

I fixed the problem and hope you guys that could not offer up a reply spend an eternity wallowing in rat feces contaminated insulation.
Why don't you make a constructive contribution to this forum and tell people how you fixed the problem. Not everyone knows how to help with such a vaguely described issue but your solution might help someone like you in the future.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.