HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with installation issues associated with Thru-wall installation of these through the wall condensing units. We've experienced some leaking through the casing and I was interested in knowing if anyone else has seen this same problem.

Thanks for your help
Mike Zimmerman
[email protected]

·
Registered
149 Posts
The leak is coming through the cabinet of the unit itself or the casing around the cabinet?
That sounds like it may be an installation issue, but then again, I think those are the units I can get through Marcone/AP Wagner, so not sure of the quality.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Leak

The leak is coming through the cabinet of the unit itself or the casing around the cabinet?
That sounds like it may be an installation issue, but then again, I think those are the units I can get through Marcone/AP Wagner, so not sure of the quality.
It looks to me like the leak is at the joint between the bottom pan and the side casing of the unit. The side casing wraps around the bottom pan leaving an exposed edge at the top of the pan on the inside of the unit. When water dribbles down the inside of the casing it falls into the crack between the bottom pan and the side casing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts