HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently took my first NATE exam. I passed my AC specialty test with an 87, but I failed my Core with a 68. I'm looking for some advice on passing the Core test when I re-test after the summer. I'm also wondering which specialty test I should go for next. Its up in the air between Gas Furnances or Heat Pumps. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also feel free to post your scores so I can set a goal to beat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently took my first NATE exam. I passed my AC specialty test with an 87, but I failed my Core with a 68. I'm looking for some advice on passing the Core test when I re-test after the summer. I'm also wondering which specialty test I should go for next. Its up in the air between Gas Furnances or Heat Pumps. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also feel free to post your scores so I can set a goal to beat.
I always remind people, that other than a goal for you to get certain certifications, if your employer requires specifics, then get them.

Just remember, the more specialties you get, the more CEU hours you need to get in the five year renewal period. With A/C now you need 60 hours of credits in 5 years. Some will be free, some inexpensive, some expensive, not to mention pay, hotel, gas, etc., but you have to continuously look for them, pay for them and go to them.

If you take NATE approved classes, NATE will keep the records from your sign-in sheets. If you take non-NATE approved classes, all the record keeping is up to you, and the certificates must contain certain information in order to be considered when you mail it all in for your five year renewal.

Credits for heating don't count for A/C, and Refrigeration may not count for A/C. You will have to check with NATE. For example, if you get A/C and Gas Heating, that is 120 CEU Hours in five years. You need 60 hours specific to each specialty. If employer pays for them, great, if not it is all on you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would need some more information. Freezing is caused by low airflow (dirty filter, evap coil and/or indoor blower), low refrigerant or in rare cases a stuck contactor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mastering Core

If you want to pass the Core section,buy the training package for core.

right now there's a great deal on the 3 cd package that usually goes for $200 new but this one is used for $60 i found at sell.com
here's the direct link below good luck.

http://www.sell.com/27H59K

:thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts