HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Serv. tech
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a picture of the equipment that handle an MRI room we did, I didn't get pics. of the inside, will next week when I go back for final start-up.

·
Serv. tech
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Sanyo units cool the server room, one Lennox unit is for the machine room itself, (attatched to custom aluminum duct work), the other Lennox unit does the office/ work area.

·
Registered
250 Posts
The Sanyo units cool the server room, one Lennox unit is for the machine room itself, (attatched to custom aluminum duct work), the other Lennox unit does the office/ work area.

What if anything controls the humidity for the MRI room? Pretty small MRI room, what size unit handles it?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Would like to see the interior work if you got pixs
I would like to see them as well. I have never seen an MRI room done with a split system, they are always RTUs in my area. Usually an Aaon with a heat wheel(s) and hot gas reheat with dehumidification, or a build up Trane system. When you are in for millions in software alone they don't mind spending a little money for a good system. Did you guys also install the chiller for the helium chiller (cold head)?

·
Serv. tech
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Would like to see the interior work if you got pixs
I would like to see them as well. I have never seen an MRI room done with a split system, they are always RTUs in my area. Usually an Aaon with a heat wheel(s) and hot gas reheat with dehumidification, or a build up Trane system. When you are in for millions in software alone they don't mind spending a little money for a good system. Did you guys also install the chiller for the helium chiller (cold head)?
Hope to get back there sometime this week, won't be able to get pics. in the room, they've already started the machine. Rtu was out of the question, truss roof, this was an add on to a med. center, not a new build. No de-humidity control, engineer said not needed, but has honeywell steam for humidity. We did not do the chiller, local fitters did.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Computer support system

Every MRI room I have ever worked on has has Liebert computer room support systems or carrier . When did they go to residential splits and mini splits?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts