HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:furious:Anyone else had problems with the mastercool company honoring their warranty? Case in point: bought a mastercool digital manifold gauge set in feb of '09...very nice set and performed very well until Dec. of '09, at which time the display went on the blink. In Jan '10 I took them back to the dealer where I bought them, along with the reciept for warranty service. Got a call 2 weeks later, said the unit was 3 yrs old and was out of warranty...dealer presented proof of purchase date to company, at which point they said unit was abused. ( I treated them like a newborn baby because of the 400 dollar price tag, so abuse was bull****) Finally after several calls to the mastercool national rep , they sent me a cheaper, refurb set that was in their cheap top-tech line. I placed them in my shop on a shelf and bought a similar set from fieldpiece and will never purchase another piece of mastercool equiptment.:001_tongue:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nope, never bought anything Mastercool but thanks in advance for letting me know. I never will, now.

A boss of mine bought the new Fieldpiece SMAN3's and although he's gone through two sets in 6 month's (cracked screen/display issues) he has not had a problem receiving new replacements.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.