HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, I thought I posted this last night but its not here in the threads so I am re posting it. I just landed my first major contract, and its a server room. I have heard from several of my colleagues that Manual J is somewhat inaccurate. My question is this; What software do you guys use, and how accurate is it? It is imperative that I do this correctly because these servers hold some expensive information on them. Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
908 Posts
Commercial would be Manual N.

Wrighsoft has it in there load calc package. Its expensive though. Might want to contact leibert or who ever your going to use, and let them do the load calc for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you really want the liability? Can you afford it?

Have the customer contact a specifying ME and have THEM assume the liability for design. Then , you're only on the hook for the install and equipment warranty.

·
Administrator
908 Posts
Do you really want the liability? Can you afford it?

Have the customer contact a specifying ME and have THEM assume the liability for design. Then , you're only on the hook for the install and equipment warranty.

Your name sounds familiar. LOL

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thermogrid does residential load calcs, purchase orders, commissions, and lots more. It's the first all inclusive program I've seen and it's web-based, so it can be used on IPADs in the home as well....the company sets it up for you, and it's really user friendly so there's almost no training.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts