HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts

I recommend a Bulls-Eye nozzle and water hose whenever possible. They allow you to focus the water jet small enough to write your name. I use them to clean chill water coils in high rises.

They run about $6 at Johnstone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Be careful

I always use chemicals as a last resort and too much water pressure and you will fold the fins over and wreck your airflow.
Dry brush, vacuum out debris then water is usually the way to go but in the environment you are talking about removal of the coil to clean may be the only effective way to go.
Either way the only way you can really know if you are making an impact is to take static pressure readings on either side of the coil to see if you have made any difference.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I always use chemicals as a last resort and too much water pressure and you will fold the fins over and wreck your airflow.
Dry brush, vacuum out debris then water is usually the way to go but in the environment you are talking about removal of the coil to clean may be the only effective way to go.
Either way the only way you can really know if you are making an impact is to take static pressure readings on either side of the coil to see if you have made any difference.
What kind of chemicals do you use exactly?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Still not recommended

The chemicals we have available are an alkine detergent foaming coil cleaner or an acidic coil cleaner. Either one should be used carefully, diluted and not used in windy conditions as anyone on this site can tell you this stuff will ruin your modelling career. I still believe taking the equipment apart and provided you have sufficient water pressure is the way to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts