HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone. I am just wondering if anyone has taken or knew someone that has taken the KY HVAC Contractors Exam. I have been in the HVAC industry for about 15 years as a journeyman tech , and a service manager residential / commerical for the past 8 years . I received my NATE certifiaction (3) about four years ago, and my boss is retiring and wanting to sell me the company. In KY you must have a HVAC Contractors license to operate the business. There are two exams one one technicial knowlege and codes and the other is Business and law. Anyone got any information??

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would think that the KY Secretary Of State would be able to provide a list of people that have taken the test in you area as part of the freedom of information act.
Check the list out and see if you know anyone?
Just a thought.
I was the service manager of a powersports dealer and I was able to find out if applicants had taken and passed the state mechanics test. they asked me everytime if I wanted a copy of any one in my area. I'm not sure if they used zip codes or what.
Good luck.
Scooter

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome !

Hello KY Glad to have you here!

I would like to recommend that you start a new thread for discussion on the topic of Licensing and Exams under the general forum! But , I'm a not an administrator or anything. It's just a friendly suggestion! and maybe it will bring in more participants for this topic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hvactech

As with Texas, most states that regulate License, they have a website that will more than likely inlcude the A/C license requirements and all you need to do and know prior to registration. Try KY's State websites. Or your local City may have this jurisdiction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts