HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Tech./Sales Consultant
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suppose the most important question is; do you believe in the benefits of the IAQ products that are available?

If so, do you do an IAQ survey of your potential customers in order to put together a specific IAQ package that will benefit their needs?

Do you explain to your potential customers that "air conditioning" really refers to heating, cooling, cleaning and controlling the humidity level of their air in order to keep them at the most comfortable and healthy level they can be in their home?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I suppose the most important question is; do you believe in the benefits of the IAQ products that are available?

If so, do you do an IAQ survey of your potential customers in order to put together a specific IAQ package that will benefit their needs?

Do you explain to your potential customers that "air conditioning" really refers to heating, cooling, cleaning and controlling the humidity level of their air in order to keep them at the most comfortable and healthy level they can be in their home?
A lot of guys are starting to do the energy auditing work that is out there via the stimulus money and the green movement. It is more a marketing tool for guys that are in the trades already. A straight energy auditor has to charge for his/her services whereas a company that already does construction work can heavily discount the energy audit and even do it for free to sell other services including IAQ.

I talked to a guy yesterday that owns an HVAC business, IAQ business, Radon inspection business and a home inspection business. He is just starting up in infrared and energy auditing (blower door testing). He is in Colorado and is actually hiring more help in this economy mainly due to the energy auditing business. He simply subs all the work out to the other businesses as it arises from the energy auditing business.

JJ

·
Tech./Sales Consultant
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd be willing to quote IAQ items like HEPA filters and UV lights if I had more training on them.
Good point. This really is an area that has not been focused on by Distributors. I think I will remedy that in my area.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We add them to all of the quotes we do and leave brocures and pricing at all service calls.

I am very happy with the results during replacement bids with the customers. Almost 80% will buy some kind of IAQ product if we just ask and explain the benifits.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts