HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Tech./Sales Consultant
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still do not feel comfortable posting on an HVAC site that has DIY HVAC ads such as this;

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
RoBo,
I'm not sure how where or how you received this ad., but I got another one earlier. I asked about it and received an answer from a moderator explaining that they were trying to fix the problem. I hope so. I would like to see this site stay pure. I am looking for a site that deals with things that I, as a business owner, am concerned about.

·
Tech./Sales Consultant
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RoBo,
I'm not sure how where or how you received this ad., but I got another one earlier. I asked about it and received an answer from a moderator explaining that they were trying to fix the problem. I hope so. I would like to see this site stay pure. I am looking for a site that deals with things that I, as a business owner, am concerned about.
I agree. It's just a bit ironic to see this sort of ad when the logo at the top of the page says "Professional HVAC Contractors Only".

Then again, since I'm not a contractor, I wonder if this is a place for me anyway. I believe it certainly can be from the other members here who I know from the years on the Internet.

Ads like the one that I posted are especially a pain to me because I am a distributor/manufacture's rep of HVAC products. Manufacturer's I rep get blamed for letting those sites prevail and yet those sites are competition against me selling the products they sell. Those Internet companies are a bane to the HVAC industry at all levels. To see them promoted is like stabbing us in the back.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I concur.

What the hang is a DIY ad doing here.

If I want to compete with Joe homeowner I have enough smucks
in my own area selling to the public.

I turn those calls away when a HO call with his own furnace.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Diy

Nothing wrong with it. They get a good cornholing when they pay the online price, then we cornhole em again when they call us to fix it.
Hvac talk should quench most of our online jibber jabber thirst.:001_unsure:

·
Registered
31 Posts
So whats new?

In the 40 years I have been in HVAC it has become usual for the low life's, that are business minds, bean counters, or what ever they are, to infringe into this trade. They look at it as good business practice, as long as they make a buck, to do whatever, in their pursuits of profits. I do not agree with online purchase of HVAC, Plumbing or Electrical. I do not agree with big box stores selling these items either. Way back when I was a pup, the test for a Masters License was a bear and here we have people purchasing items that are refrigerant bearing, pressure producing, or even pressure vessels. I do agree that when Mr. Buy it online calls to fix what he installed to go fix it, record the models and serials and notify the MFG. that the equipment was installed incorrectly.

·
Tech./Sales Consultant
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, it seems that despite the claims that this is a professionals only site that is continues to cater to DIYers. Judging by replies to this thread, it also appears that other members are just fine with having to have the very companies that cause our industry some distress flaunted right on the very site that is supposed to be for professionals.

I'll keep checking back, but I'm not real comfy with the things I see that are accepted on here.

·
Registered
42 Posts
No other comment other than we let the cat out of the bag years ago. Now every HO or DIY thinks it is an easy no brainer. When it doesn't work call a pro, oops go online. Save big $$$$$$$

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, it seems that despite the claims that this is a professionals only site that is continues to cater to DIYers. Judging by replies to this thread, it also appears that other members are just fine with having to have the very companies that cause our industry some distress flaunted right on the very site that is supposed to be for professionals.

I'll keep checking back, but I'm not real comfy with the things I see that are accepted on here.
No pros all wanna bees

·
Tech./Sales Consultant
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Too many rude pros
HVAC pros come off rude as a result of growing up in the industry hanging out in supply houses. It's like being at the local watering hole or basketball court where everyone chides everyone else without meaning to be mean.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts