HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what HVAC vfd drive manufacturers do you guys recommend? it seems like there's lot of different european manufacturers but cost of their products comparably higher to the US made or asian made. i've heard lot of good things about european made drives tho.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I've heard good things about Yaskawa too, in industrial drives side tho. Have you heard of AC Tech? Couple of people recommended their MCH series drives.

http://www.ctiautomation.net/AC-Tech-MCH-HVAC-Drives.htm

AHH, please don't do it. First off they suck to get parts for. Secondly, I have seen so many in new schools that are already out of production. I think most of the ones I have seen were bought disconntinued. Cost over $2000 for a set of ABB contactors for a drive less than 2 years old.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i like eaton cutler hammer
do not like abb

cutler hammer made in usa all metal, easy to program and has ac choke!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just don't like Simmons drives. Had some problems with power supply requirements. They can't handle any spikes at all and then shut down. AB is good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great VFD

The new Vacon 100 series is hands down the best drive ever made for the HVAC industry. Made in USA no codes only plain English faults and reccomended corrective action on the screen.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We have wired a lot of different brands of drives .

Some / most of the first few early generation drives are dead now & being replaced . We have done several change outs .

Around here , the drive is usually sold by the mechanical or the controls contractor . We get the job of mounting / installing and running / terminating the line voltage . We run the low voltage & the mechanical / control contractor does start up .

One of the control contractors we work with sells Dan Foss drives . But I can not say if they are good or bad .

God bless
Wyr

1 - 14 of 14 Posts