HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that a lot of HVAC technicians (and other tradesfolk like plumbers, electricians, etc.) have been hiring their own personal sales guys.

Have you been noticing that, too?
:blink:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Many contractors have salesmen. HVAC companies usually call them something like "comfort technicians." There are also different types, some are "selling techs" that are capable of working on equipment while others are strictly salesmen.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Service techs who have sales skills still dont have the time to give a good presentation so a pro who does have the time will usually get the sale , the most effective method is to let the tech explain that the repair cost of that older system and the fact that the factory warranty is long gone may be in the customers best interest to replace the system, then add that if his company does the replacement the service call fee will be refunded ! Then a sales pro meets with the home owner and gives them the information they need to make that decision and closes the sale.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The service tech is usually given adequate spiff if the job is sold wich gives him the incentive to suggest replacement instead of repair !

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would like to add that this is why I have a independent hvac sales company, when using my service smaller companies dont have to give the job away to compete with companies who have in house sales professionals because they can also get premium prices on there sales !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts