HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been buying my parts and material at a supply house and want to open a account how do I go about this

·
Registered
149 Posts
Next time you’re in the supply house, just ask for a credit application. Then fill out both sides, sign it as guarantor [important] and either fax or mail it to their credit dept, which is usually listed on top of the first page. Sometimes credit apps are available for download or can even be filled out online on the companies website.
It sounds like you probably won’t have three previous commercial credit references that most ask for, so maybe include a note explaining that you are a new business startup. Without references they will most likely start you with only a low limit like $2000.00, but if you max this out and pay promptly each month, they will normally increase it upon request after about six months or so.
Credit is tight these days so don’t get discouraged if you don’t hear anything for a while. They will definitely be doing a credit check with whatever info you give them and will usually tell you to allow two weeks to hear back from them, but from some of my own past experiences, I can tell you it can take 4 to 6 weeks to actually open an account with some supply houses.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts