HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you kindly tell a customer to not call you again. I have several customers that constantly complain, demanding, and cheap. I need a nice way to tell them their business is not worth the trouble.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If I were you, I would be very concerned if I had several customers that are complaining. I would look at myself first and if I'm treating my customers like I would want to be treated, then I would give the customers the names of some A/C dealers in their area.
Most of the time, when this has happened, we have been at fault.

·
Energy mover
124 Posts
if the customer keeps complaining, but continues to use you, then dont worry about it being your fault with pricing or workmanship. just keep working and keep billing. in one ear out the other. if they truly dont want your work or pricing, they will take it upon themselves to terminate the relationship.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am sorry Mrs Jones but this is the price we need to charge to continue to give our customers the service they have come to expect from us. But I understand that in this economy we may not be a good fit for each other. There are many quality contractors out there that may be a better fit for you. But if you can not find a match you know we will always be here for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No way, you are wrong. Are you suggesting that 100% of all customers are reasonable and fully informed and always pay their bill on time? Some people will just never be happy. I feel that the strength of our business is who we turn away.

We keep a black list at our office that includes nonpayers, latepayers, and complainters. When they call, the girls are instructed to say "we are not servicing that area any longer, we suggest you call [competitor] at 555-5555."

Problem solved.

If I were you, I would be very concerned if I had several customers that are complaining. I would look at myself first and if I'm treating my customers like I would want to be treated, then I would give the customers the names of some A/C dealers in their area.
Most of the time, when this has happened, we have been at fault.

·
Registered
58 Posts
No way, you are wrong. Are you suggesting that 100% of all customers are reasonable and fully informed and always pay their bill on time? Some people will just never be happy. I feel that the strength of our business is who we turn away.

We keep a black list at our office that includes nonpayers, latepayers, and complainters. When they call, the girls are instructed to say "we are not servicing that area any longer, we suggest you call [competitor] at 555-5555."

Problem solved.
Austin, Then you are saying that your folks 100% of the time treat your customers properly. I've been in this business for 45 years and we make more mistakes than our customers. Make a great day!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Austin, Then you are saying that your folks 100% of the time treat your customers properly. I've been in this business for 45 years and we make more mistakes than our customers. Make a great day!
By no stretch of the imagination did I say that. I said some customers complain no matter what--that's totally different.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts