HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3 ton system, 410a, running at 90 psi low side and 310 high side. When I arrived on site the indoor coil was frozen as well as the suction line on the line set. Checked the indoor coil (clean), air filter is new and I washed the outdoor condenser. The space temp was 83. I was thinking that the tx valve might be the problem...any thoughts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never thought to try that, I was too focused on a faulty tx valve when I go back I`ll give that a try, I`ll let you know

·
Registered
4 Posts
FYI, if you techs carry a smart phone, windows phone or iPhone there is a great ac app called HVAC buddy. Plug in ALL of the info and out comes a diagnoses. Really helpful.

·
Registered
33 Posts
"high head, low suction"

310 isn't high, unless the outdoor temp is 70F which probably isn't the case. Typical condensing temps for 13 SEER cooling equipment is 15-20 degrees above outdoor temp. The saturated temp for 310psi is right at 99F. So, if the OD was much above 85F, the head pressure was on the low side.:001_unsure:

Superheat and subcooling measurements would tell you whether the problem is low air, low charge or TXV / LL restriction.:yes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts