HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all im residential AC split and window helper/ installer from pakistan now residing in london UK Im currently working as an electricians mate doing domestic wiring and some maintenance work i would like to know how can i get back into the trade i love (hvac) in U.K. some body suggested that to get back in i should do either an intensive course run in chesterfield or get minimum recognised qualification F gas 2079 considering that i have past practical experience in installation while i was bieng trained in pakistan we followed and studied the Air conditioning and Refrigeration technology (a USA book) for a year with practical training on installations plus PPMs like evaporator,condenser coil cleaning,return air filter cleaning or replacement,taking indoor and out door DBTs,measuring and calculating superheat and subcooling,fitting flare,swage and compression joints,installing duct work for liquid and suction lines,Measuring Amp readings on compressors for FLAs and LRAs etc. i dont think my certificate from pakistan is valid or accepable here in U.K. So all of you experts out there help an aging {49 years) fellow hvacr out and give as many responses as you all kind guys can I shall anxiously await your kind replies thanks in advance ABID.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome HVACR from Pakistan

I have always worked and lived in the USA, dont know much about the biz practices on the other side of the world, But it sounds to me like you know some good basic fundamentals, if you really know how to use them, you should have no problem talking to an HVAC contractor in the area who may be willing to give you a chance at working for him at least in an entry level position and giving you the opportunity to prove to him that you are a capable, and skilled worker. At your age though you may not want to ask about a retirement package. :laughing:

Good Luck Abid !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts