HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. I'm really hoping to find some advice regarding the topic of HVACR and schooling, specifically in the Florida area (central). Hopefully there are a few guys here from the area.

So moving along, I was planning on attending some sort of college/technical school in regards to HVACR. There seem to be so many in the central FL region and I'm stuck on which one to choose. When it comes to this trade, what should one look for when picking a school? I don't know if this would be considered the highest achievement in this trade but, my goal is to eventually obtain a journeyman's license

None of the schools that I've looked at offer any sort of co-op/intern program unfortunately. Should I just take whatever is more convenient (location/cost) and just get whatever certificate I can since I'm still at the beginning stages of this trade? What do you guys suggest? Thanks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi there Steve! I'm not really sure if this list will help you. Although it might be a good one:

Plumbers & Pipefitters Apprenticeship School
2447 Orlando Central Parkway, Orlando, FL
(407) 851-7370

Code Electrical Classes
7449 Citrus Avenue, Winter Park, FL
(407) 671-0020 ‎ · code-electrical.com

Florida West Coast Carpenter's
7930 US Highway 301 N, Tampa, FL
(813) 988-3997

Holt Mike Enterprises Inc
3604 Parkway Blvd # 3, Leesburg, FL
(352) 360-2620

Tampa Area Electrical Joint
5625 Harney Road, Tampa, FL
(813) 621-3002 ‎ · tampajatc.org

·
Registered
35 Posts
school

Steve,
As long as the school you choose is accredited, and you complete the entire course, the most are acceptable. Pay particular attention in speech class (if it's not a pre-requisite, then it should be...take it, nothing more valuable than people skills). Also, while completing your training...learn to work on an ice machine!!!!! If I could change one thing about my training...that would be it! (you can praticaly name your price)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts