HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Maineiac
6 Posts
Mine have had a beating or two. I frigged up one day and hung them on my antenna on the van. I was in a parking lot and my side doors swing out, in a hurry to let the lady next to me get in her car in the rain I hung them there and got out of the way for her to pull out. After she pulled out I put my ladder on the roof and tool bag in the door and drove off. On the on ramp to I 95 north i heard a lot of noise from the right front of the van....then it hit me my Digi Cools I slowed down quickly and the noise stopped. Yep the took a digger at about 60 mph. It broke some hose parks and hose adapters. I figured they were DEAD. Turned on the power and just as good as they were before. I called Lockhart and told him about it. I was amazed. Quality tool for sure. You cant or wont go wrong with Digi Cools.

·
Registered
6 Posts
In reading the specs I see that they read vacuum in inches Hg. How great would it be if it also served as a micron gauge.
I use micron gauges on every evac. Unfortunately I'm the only one I know in the business that uses it or even owns one. I have 4 different ones because they get squirrely and some times you need a second reading for confirmation and they have a high failure rate and are high maintenance to keep them accurate. Most should be cleaned with alcohol after each use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts