HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have cutomer with a magic chef furnace that they want to change looking for opptions. would like to find dirrect replacment its a mod#L6A84D-1 highboy looking for resonable replacements

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Yuri no it's not a package unit it is a oil fired hi boy furnace for a residential home 83,000 btu out put

·
Registered
250 Posts
I think that the best solution is first get the full detail on motor replacement from the customer then only you can go for any final decision if you need any info on motor repairing or any thing related to that you can go to :-http://generalcontractors411.com/ :thumbsup:

I think you need to actually read the original post before you post a responce. This one was about a furnace replacement.

·
Energy mover
124 Posts
well, whats a direct replacement? Size, height, cfms, btu/hr, gallonage? look at the nozzel size, and the blower capacity. oil burners used to come ambiguous where you'd put your own burner or nozzle. that model # may or maynot represent the btu output. I would go with, in leu of a new heat cal, nozzel capacity (gal/hr) blower size (cfm) and unit dimensions (for duct transition) to start off with. good luck!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you nicktech I was worried about height and found a thermopride upflow shorty it should due the trick

·
Registered
89 Posts
Those magic pak combo units are a strange beast, and they can be a pain in the neck to work on if youve never seen one before but once you get to tear one apart and put it back together, its really a quite simple unit! The Co. I work for specializes in them! www.HWCPARTS.com we are still working on the site but it should be complete soon!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Those magic pak combo units are a strange beast, and they can be a pain in the neck to work on if youve never seen one before but once you get to tear one apart and put it back together, its really a quite simple unit! The Co. I work for specializes in them! www.HWCPARTS.com we are still working on the site but it should be complete soon!
Got to love em. I find problems with installation the most, too small of a space to service them, a hotwater heater in front of them.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Thats the problem i had it was in a closet with the water heater and a stinky cat box to :sad:

The best is a high rise project on the ocean I service. The mechanical closet is on the balcony. There is a small jog in the outside wall that the door to the closet hits into. When the door is taken off the room you still can't get the unit out because of the jog in the wall. The closet shares a common wall with the master bedroom. That wall has home runs to the breaker panel in it. The magic pak units are @16 years old. So we used to get a couple replacement jobs a year as the condos were sold. You need a carpenter to remove the wall between the closet and the bedroom. If the wiring isn't low enough you need an electrician to pull the runs out of the way. You need two guys to remove the old unit and install the new one. The wall is a firewall (double 5/8" rock both sides). The jobs are always nightmares. We encourage the owners to get their own carpenters in case there is any problems with wall finishing. Removing water heaters to open up the a/c drawer of the unit in some condos in the building is fun too at 4 pm on a Friday night.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sound like some fun the one i worked on there was very little duct showing and the rest above a hard ceiling

1 - 20 of 27 Posts