HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this site please bear with me .I work maint. I've been in the HVAC and electrical trades for 15 yrs.i can trouble shoot and repair ac's with no problem .I have a 5 ton ruud straight air unit that runs year round that's freezing condensor has the Fan cut out pressure switch that stops the fan at 140 head pressure and cuts back in at 200.I checked pressure after I thawed it out and it was 120 to 140 head and a 40 to 45 suction probably 60 ambient temp so I tried adding some freon probably 1 lb myb more and never got the suction pressure up.evap is clean and filter clean motor not slowed down still freezing up.what am I missing ?any help much appreciated

·
Registered
5 Posts
Delta temp..? superheat.? Subcooling. ? Amps( actual and rated) airflow. Make cond fan run block off to keep head at 220. What are readings then. Big mistake to simply add refrig without knowing at least sc and sh. I think you have a lot more data to take before u can decide to add refrige. Theres alot more i could suggest but checj that stuff first

1 - 4 of 4 Posts