HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received the 2012 price list from my supply house, I am looking to see if there is a standard mark up or recommended mark up for residential equipment. I usually use a .7 markup but I'm curious to see if there is a more used standard? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I do understand that, but i was looking for more of a general idea. I mean if the residential equipment cost me $2100 normally i would use my cost+tax/.7=$ 3258.00 so using this formula i was wondering if I was in line t=with the industry standard?

·
Administrator
1,014 Posts
Yes I do understand that, but i was looking for more of a general idea. I mean if the residential equipment cost me $2100 normally i would use my cost+tax/.7=$ 3258.00 so using this formula i was wondering if I was in line t=with the industry standard?

I know of no industry standard. I know of companies that only add 45% to equipment cost. An others that do 100%. Depends on how much money they want to make.

While I sell equipment. I don't sell the equipment. I sell the job. And the job will determine how much mark up I have on the equipment.

I generally prefer to be one of the higher priced guys. But in commercial, it doesn't work that way.

Do you know what you min operating cost is per day?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think you are going in the right direction Beenthere all contractors need to know primarily what their companies cost to do business is(example: vehicles, labor, fuel, insurances, loans and so on), this will give you the mark up required to brake even then you add your desired profit onto that. It is different for every contractor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.