HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Up in the air

I'm up in the air about this. It could be good to remind them that you are still there to service their systems or it could be seen as annoying.

I think it might be ok if you are only sending a couple a year. Maybe a spring and fall checklist to get their systems ready or a Christmas letter. Something that is not to heavy in sales pitches would be ok.

For me personally, I hate getting emails from companies unless I asked for them. Most mass emails get filtered out by my spam controls anyway.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would agree that one needs to be careful about the amount of emails they would send. Do any of you call your customers after a completed service or repair just to check in to see if they are happy with the service? My car repair shop does this and I appreciate the inquiry. I think that sending a friendly email at around every 1/4 of the year as a reminder to check their filter and in that same email a note twice a year that it is maintenance time is about the right amount. How do you all feel about 4 times a year contact? How many of you do this type of followup and do you find it beneficial?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Overall, you could do it, but the amount of leads may not be worth the ROI - specifically the time invested. You may be better off spending that time working on your Local SEO (making sure your listing is on Google, Yelp, Angie's List, etc.) and following up with customers by phone regarding annual maintenance visits to see if you can build long-term relationships with your clients.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Keeping the contact up to date by sending a few emails is good. You got to be sure though not to look like spam or like you are prying them for more business. Just make it look like what it is, which is just wishing them well with their life and if they need anything to let them know. You want to be caring not annoying.

CraigFalls44- Idaho Carpet
www.idahocarpetandrestoration.com

·
Registered
21 Posts
In my opinion email marketing is pretty dead. We are getting very poor open rates with email marketing. WhatsApp marketing on the other hand seems more personal and we see a better response rate. For example: checking in on old clients if there is any ac issues they need help with.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Email marketing works. Just don't overdo it. You could send out a monthly newsletter letting them know that you're still there and also if you want to do some promos on your giveaways.

You could use some email marketing software out there to automate everything.

·
Registered
15 Posts
it works.

Email marketing works. Just don't overdo it. You could send out a monthly newsletter letting them know that you're still there and also if you want to do some promos on your giveaways.

You could use some email marketing software out there to automate everything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Email marketing is a great way to remain top of mind. Just remember to have a well-spaced campaign and ALWAYS provide value within your email(s).

The copy within the email is critical.

Hope this helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts