HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
947 Posts
Its a different model then any i ever used.

But, they always made putting sheet metal together a lot easier an faster.

·
North of 52
122 Posts
I like that fancy "artistic" venting. Plenty of graceful sweeping lines. No cleanout/basetee/inspection cap and more code deficiencies (where I am)than I can count. A DIYer job?:laughing:

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I guess.. Just some pics i thought would be interesting.

Around here we don't use nor are clean outs required on chimney liners. if a bird makes a nest than we just unscrew the connector from the liner thimble
and snake out the nest.

LOLOLOL:laughing:... had one recently the customer had let go for too long. I pulled my electrical snake threw it and it fell apart.

As i am holding a deteriorated length of liner in my arms customer says, "Guess it kinda rotten , ey? I got some Molson's in the frig, eY?" I think the guy was a Newfy, but who cares. The beer was good and the company was a riot! I staggered to my truck four hours later.

·
North of 52
122 Posts
First time a good rainstorm pours down that chimney after the cap flies off it will wash out the furnace nicely. Newfies drink Moosehead and are hilarious. Interesting to hear about the different acceptable installation requirements across North America. Canada is very strict about everything being done to one code (CGA) and I like the idea of no shortcuts or lesser standards from one area to another (not that the US has a lack of standards, I would think that AGA would have standardized venting requirements?).

·
Registered
89 Posts
that is a nice tool to have if you build alot of custom duct. we have one in the shop but rarely use it unless we are making up a large amount of ductwork.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i got one too and love it.

This site is so new i just wanted to generate a little traffic.

Welcome all you new comers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Been using one for years ....... sure beats using a hammer on fittings.

Before we bought a tri-plex with snap lock all our ductwork was pittsburg ......... my hearing sucks now :mad:

Those electric hammer are pretty industructable ....... even had one that was in a jobsite toolbox that accidentally got filled with water being there was a burst pipe that was over it. A lot of stuff was destoyed but we just opened it up and cleaned it ........ that was a good 20 years ago and its still running fine. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts