HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Electricity kills and injures people. Around 1000 electrical accidents at work are reported to HSE each year and about 25 people die of their injuries.

Many deaths and injuries arise from:

# Work near overhead power lines.
# Mains electricity supplies (230 volt).
# Use of poorly maintained electrical equipment.
# Contact with underground power cables during excavation work.
# Use of unsuitable electrical equipment in explosive areas such as car paint spraying booths.

Fires started by poor electrical installations and faulty electrical appliances cause many additional deaths and injuries.

·
Registered
2 Posts
An electrician told me on a job that he knew of an electrician that got killed by coming into contact with a live 120 volt line.....very scary.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A cracked heat exchanger is one common cause of carbon monoxide in a home, especially in older furnaces. The best way to avoid the poisoning is to have your heating system inspected and serviced by a trained professional every winter.
toronto furnace repair

·
Registered
21 Posts
I cannot stress this enough. Seeing someone getting electrocuted was a traumatic experience I hope to never have to see again. Stay safe people!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Top 5 Workplace Electrical Safety Practices

Running a business is not just all about attracting clients and making your brand known. As an employer, it is likewise your job to take good care of your employees. To allow for the most production from your employees, see to it that they are given great working benefits. This, most importantly, including providing them a fun, convenient, and safe workplace.

Whether renting out space or having your office building constructed, make sure you are maintaining a secure and healthy workplace by eliminating potential hazards. In terms of electrical use, practicing appropriate safety measures can make a great difference. Prioritize electrical safety at work with these relevant practices.

Check it here for more: https://www.bestaccessdoors.com/blog/top-5-workplace-electrical-safety-practices/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts