HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Electricity kills and injures people. Around 1000 electrical accidents at work are reported to HSE each year and about 25 people die of their injuries.

Many deaths and injuries arise from:

# Work near overhead power lines.
# Mains electricity supplies (230 volt).
# Use of poorly maintained electrical equipment.
# Contact with underground power cables during excavation work.
# Use of unsuitable electrical equipment in explosive areas such as car paint spraying booths.

Fires started by poor electrical installations and faulty electrical appliances cause many additional deaths and injuries.

·
Registered
2 Posts
An electrician told me on a job that he knew of an electrician that got killed by coming into contact with a live 120 volt line.....very scary.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A cracked heat exchanger is one common cause of carbon monoxide in a home, especially in older furnaces. The best way to avoid the poisoning is to have your heating system inspected and serviced by a trained professional every winter.
toronto furnace repair

·
Registered
21 Posts
I cannot stress this enough. Seeing someone getting electrocuted was a traumatic experience I hope to never have to see again. Stay safe people!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
The best way to stay safe is to stay away from electrical hazards. Unqualified personnel should not interact or come close to electrical currents greater than 50V.

Properly using all electrical equipment can go a long way to ensure everyone’s safety in the workplace.

Employees should take care to handle electrical cords properly:

Always unplug cords by pulling on the plug head, rather than the cord
Don’t press or overstretch electrical cords
Don’t fasten cords with staples
Don’t hang electrical equipment from cords
Additionally, all cords and plugs in the workplace should be visually inspected for external defects prior to use. If you encounter a cord or plug with damage, do not use that equipment.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts