HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last month my friend and I went in business together. His background residential, mine being commercial. I been self employed for several years and since our partnership we incorporated under S corp, bonded, insured, and workers comp. We hired a CPA to do all bookkeeping until we get established and grow some. CPA says we to take a small salary and then at the end of month we get bonus, which on monthly profit/ loss he listed it as a "distribution".. Suppose to save us on taxes, etc..
I had a customer ask for our Dunn and Bradstreet 9digit number.. Can some of you shed some light on this Bradstreet outfit?? I know it to do with business credit.. But we just start and we haven't borrowed any money, and only have an account at one supply house.... Talk to banker and he suggest we take 5,000.00 of lasting profit and put in CD and borrow against it and he would get it reported to credit bureau... Is that when we get a Bradstreet number????

·
Registered
3 Posts
You get a DNB number when you pay for one, just like the BBB... I don't know why a customer would be asking you for yours, but perhaps you can point them in the direction of your BBB account.

A DNB number gives you a "credit report" for your business, just like your personal credit score. Again, I don't know why a customer would have any interest in this.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I know this is old but I just went through this so I thought I would comment.

They call them DUNS numbers now (maybe that's what they called them then too) but D&B claims you have to have 1 to bid on government contracts.

Why your customer would want to know your DUNS number is interesting though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts