HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I’m new here, I work in industrial manufacturing as my full time job and do carpentry on the side as a hobby just for a little short background on me.
I purchased a rental property a couple years ago that had an older self contained outdoor HVAC system on it (14 years old this year). I cover all utilities for the property as it’s figured into the rent. The house has a smart thermostat in it so I can pull up the log of temp settings and hours of run time by day if an issue occurs that I need to. This is a roughly 1200 sq ft house on crawl space built well in 1968 that is located in southern Missouri so we get all seasons around here.

Last spring when it started warming up the renters said that the house had issues cooling. As in, outside temps getting 90+ with house set on 70 it would be 74-76 throughout the day and not catch up until 9-10pm. I replaced the unit this year before it started warming up as it was needed and I wanted to prevent a problem down the road. The roof is roughly 10 years old in good condition, windows are around 15-20 years old, and there is plenty of insulation in the attic. This year the house is having close to the same issues. The bill isn’t as high because of the newer, more efficient unit, but it still struggles to keep up. My personal house is located in the same area and doesn’t have this problem while only being a decade newer.

I’m pretty much down to wondering if the walls aren’t insulated enough or the ductwork needs replaced so which would it be?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had an issue with my air conditioner when it wasn’t blowing any cold air, and to be honest, it wasn't very pleasant. It happened 3-4 times a month, and I had to pay a lot of money to fix it again and again. Even though I tried to fix it myself by cleaning the air conditioner from inside out, but it still wouldn’t operate properly. At one point, I gave up, but when it broke twice a week, I got mad and decided to find an alternative solution. I ended up finding a cool website marvellous.sg that had a lot of information about air conditioners and how to fix them. I also found a guide on how to fix my specific issue, and after following it, I was able to fix it myself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had an issue with my air conditioner when it wasn’t blowing any cold air, and to be honest, it wasn't very pleasant. It happened 3-4 times a month, and I had to pay a lot of money to fix it again and again. Even though I tried to fix it myself by cleaning the air conditioner from inside out, but it still wouldn’t operate properly. At one point, I gave up, but when it broke twice a week, I got mad and decided to find an alternative solution. I ended up finding a cool website marvellous.sg that had a lot of information about air conditioners and how to fix them. I also found a guide on how to fix my specific issue, and after following it, I was able to fix it myself.
shameless ad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts