HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have over 20 years as an electrician and have spent the past 8 specializing in HVAC controls.

I currently work for an international HVAC controls contractor.

Most of the systems we work on are high end commercial, institutional and industrial. We provide control and networking of building automation systems.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have over 20 years as an electrician and have spent the past 8 specializing in HVAC controls.

I currently work for an international HVAC controls contractor.

Most of the systems we work on are high end commercial, institutional and industrial. We provide control and networking of building automation systems.

Welcome to the forum. Pretty close to the same story here but I just got laid off so the net is my new home for a while.

·
Registered
89 Posts
theres alot of that going around! I was replaced after seven years of being the go to guy who did it all from sales, service and install with no complaints. to be replaced by a guy who could only do service, but was willing to do it for alot less than me. any how that biz is now stuggling and the owner had to put his work boots back on the last i heard. Now i am working a good desk job as a service manager so it was the best thing to ever happen to me. Dont get me wrong I still go out on the field but its mostly just to help and advise my techs on the job and I may run the occasional S/C when the guys are busy or miss work!:)

·
Registered
250 Posts
theres alot of that going around! I was replaced after seven years of being the go to guy who did it all from sales, service and install with no complaints. to be replaced by a guy who could only do service, but was willing to do it for alot less than me. any how that biz is now stuggling and the owner had to put his work boots back on the last i heard. Now i am working a good desk job as a service manager so it was the best thing to ever happen to me. Dont get me wrong I still go out on the field but its mostly just to help and advise my techs on the job and I may run the occasional S/C when the guys are busy or miss work!:)

When I called my BA to tell him I got laid off he said he was surprised because he had talked to my boss a couple days before about getting
an apprentice in the shop.

·
Registered
89 Posts
When I called my BA to tell him I got laid off he said he was surprised because he had talked to my boss a couple days before about getting
an apprentice in the shop.
It looks to me that the unions have failed to maintain that control they used to have on employers and are now leaving you guys on the bench to be replaced by cheaper labor. Aint that a biyoch!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts