HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,
I have a competitor that is just killing me with an invoice (they call it an investment guide). Basically its a proposal that has picture of the furnaces/AC, pics of the thermostats and it is set up in a Good Better Best layout. The prices and units range from low cost to the top of the line, and my customers are all asking for prices on several models, and waving these damn proposals in my face (or just buying from them) I have my prices figured out, but am terrible with spreadsheets and things... I can't find anything on the internet for a template.
Does anybody know of anything out their I can buy and have modified to present better?

Thanks alot
M37

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey Everyone,
I have a competitor that is just killing me with an invoice (they call it an investment guide). Basically its a proposal that has picture of the furnaces/AC, pics of the thermostats and it is set up in a Good Better Best layout. The prices and units range from low cost to the top of the line, and my customers are all asking for prices on several models, and waving these damn proposals in my face (or just buying from them) I have my prices figured out, but am terrible with spreadsheets and things... I can't find anything on the internet for a template.
Does anybody know of anything out their I can buy and have modified to present better?

Thanks alot
M37
Using a scanner has its advantages.. and getting photoshop of course always helps. nowadays I found it a necessity to be computer literate and really took each slow season to learn as much as I can on a computer so I can keep up with the competition. Now I think Im ahead of most. Look, if you learned this trade you can learn how to edit graphics.. there is nothing to it. Give me a shout if you ever need some pointers. good luck buddy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi mountainman37,

The good, better, best proposal has been around for a long time. If you're still interested in something like this reach out to me. There is a better way of doing this now which I can explain. I have ample experience managing a sales department that utilized that approach successfully ($8M annually). Reply back with contact info and I'll reach out to you if you're interested. Thanks!

Chuck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi mountainman37,

The good, better, best proposal has been around for a long time. If you're still interested in something like this reach out to me. There is a better way of doing this now which I can explain. I have ample experience managing a sales department that utilized that approach successfully ($8M annually). Reply back with contact info and I'll reach out to you if you're interested. Thanks!

Chuck

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey Everyone,

Thanks alot
M37
Hi sir our company here in Chicago uses almost the same type invoice that you are talking about if you can send me your email address and we can try to see what we can do to help. my email address is heating [email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, here are some free and good options:

1. OpenOffice for word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation slides. It's very similar to MS Office and is free. Download it and practice. Check Youtube for howto videos. If you pay a "pro"they will know you don't know what you are doing and charger you $$. Take the time to get up the learning curve.

2. Check out "Gimp" as a replacement for photoshop. It's free and does everything you will need.

3. Sounds like an arms race. Maybe counter by providing detailed costs to regain the initiative.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Also...

If you want to get rid of your @gmail or @yahoo email address and get a real website, checkout squarespace. Nothing turns off a client like not having a website and gmail and yahoo email addresses. If you have an @aol.com email, seriously change, especially around big cities.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.