HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you guys are involved in commercial work? What percentage of commercial work do you do verses residential?
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
947 Posts
I don't do much commercial anymore.

When I was a Sm, and GM for a small company, we were 70 resi, and 30% light commercial.
 

·
North of 52
Joined
·
122 Posts
I don't do too much commercial, too old for that stuff. Used up 7 of my 9 lives almost falling off ladders with commercial.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
We service a few commercial clients, but not many. Most ofour workload latley on the heating side is troubleshooting and repair replacement work on hydronics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
95% Commercial and it dont get any better, i would rather deal with the professional corporate folks than the joe homeowners.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
I am with Nascar, I like delaing with the GC's and owners, homeowners are hard to deal with, schedule and they want to negociate the price once your done. Not all of them, but that has been my experience in the past. I respect the residential guys, they have a lot to deal with.

I love commerical too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
coolhand

I do about 35% commercial work and the other 65% is residential work. I have experienced price negotiations with both sectors after the job has been completed. The hard part is figuring out who is going to haggle price with you before the contract is completed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
90% commercial.
I only take residential calls for the owners and family of my commercial customers.

There is just so much $$ to be made in commercial I love it:scooter:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
EBarger

I work in our Commercial department and only work on commercial projects. I am completely happy with this arrangement and prefer not to deal with home owners as well. The only home owners I like dealing with is those building custom homes. They usually want the best and do not mind paying well to get it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
We are a commercial service contractor 65% HVAC, 30% refrigeration with 5% residential that comes out of our commercial accounts.
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top