HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last 4 years I have been working on and patented a tool which allows a user (residential and commercial) to change an air filter located in the ceiling without the need of a ladder (20 seconds or less). A video can be seen at 123inventions.com page 14 under Contact Robert. This tool is also adjustable to reach over furniture and other obstacles. I am in the process of getting investors to start producing this tool. I would greatly appreciate feed back, concerns and investor interest.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The latches are no longer needed due to the fact that magnets hold the door closed. My patent also includes other closure methods. The process of this patent was also accepted by the USPTO. Did you see the video?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I did watch the video, why I was wondering about the levers used to lock the grill in a closed postion. I guess you're going to have to use all of those types of grills..?

I've never seen the magnetic closing grills before.

·
Registered
33 Posts
But how do you unlock the grills that are not magnetic like the one in your vid? It'd be highly presumptiuous to assume that all grills are magneticly closing like the one in your vid when in fact I'd have to suspect that maybe one in half a million is.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The existing grill will have to be converted (no tools required) and then the latches remain in the open position. I have a 20 x 20 filter grill in my garage that has been there for 4 years with the latches in the open position and it has never been open by itself. Magnets gain and lose flux according to temperature and this has been through extremes from 10 degrees to a 110 degrees well out of the norm for inside applications.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts