HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5 year old Carrier condenser. My tech replaced the compressor, contactor, and run cap. the fan will run but the compressor will not why?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Did he check to see if he has power going to the compressor?
Did he install the correct compressor?
Did he check amp draw for the compressor?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fail to start advice

Is it a combination fan / hermetic run capacitor ?If it is i have seen bad capacitors rite out of the box.Have him check his wiring again common and run wire reversals are bad.If it is having low voltage conditions at start try a Potential and start capacitor start kit with the MFD/Volt range recommended by the compressor manufacture.I would stay away from PTCR type (Aka Hotdog)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Is it a combination fan / hermetic run capacitor ?If it is i have seen bad capacitors rite out of the box.Have him check his wiring again common and run wire reversals are bad.If it is having low voltage conditions at start try a Potential and start capacitor start kit with the MFD/Volt range recommended by the compressor manufacture.I would stay away from PTCR type (Aka Hotdog)
I think it has been repaired.

·
Registered
11 Posts
HAHA I did that once. ugh, I felt like a idiot, I knew right away that I put the CFM on the terminal for the COMP on the cap when I heard the fan start up and it was running faster and harder than I thought it should. I reversed the wiring and all worked well.

I actually like skrewing up if it doesnt cost a lot, its helps me to learn from mistakes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts