HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I look after a few Blast Chillers working for a hire company and want to maintain them and ensure they are blasting, and meeting a speedy low temperature as they should.
I wonder if there is general knowledge of the Blast chillers' weakness. Hence we carefully test our Blast Chillers and then when they get to the customer site all of a sudden they do not work. Or if the Blast Chiller has been tested and all ok, they come back from the customer not working 100 percent. I wonder if there was a potential issue with them? My boss implies that refrigerant loss is reoccurring and affects the performance of the machine. Why is it we move the blast chiller and it is not bound to work.
What could be the reason behind their failings? Apart from the obvious, not secure in transit, they are by Polar not the best ones to use. I wondered if I could introduce something in the testing stages, even think about "Topping up" on refrigerant so the blast chiller has a chance to sustain itself more? Can anyone suggest what I can do to improve their performance? Admittedly they are for hire and temporarily used during an event, but if I can do something to sustain their life, could you share with me your thoughts. Thank you kindly

1 - 1 of 1 Posts