HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed a heat manager on my own boiler with tankless coil. I installed both sensors one for heat and one for domestic. My hot water for domestic gets a little chilly untill boiler comes on any suggestion thanks John :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
947 Posts
Get rid of that deluxe timer you installed.
They admit, it doesn't work well(do much to save fuel) when the outdoor temps are low.

You would save more, by installing an aquastore tank. And not maintaining as high of a boiler min temp.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Get rid of that deluxe timer you installed.
They admit, it doesn't work well(do much to save fuel) when the outdoor temps are low.

You would save more, by installing an aquastore tank. And not maintaining as high of a boiler min temp.
I ended up turning off anybody want to by a cheap heat manger:laughing:

·
Energy mover
124 Posts
Damn it! I went to pick up a 1:1 out door reset astat for my boiler last year, and the guy at the counter told me about this heat manager. ok, so he sold me. I've had it sitting around since last spring. i finally put it in and seems to work ok. if what you guys are saying is accurate then i will be one pissed off Joe! What have you guys found to be the issues?

·
Administrator
947 Posts
Don't work if you have a tankless coil in your boiler.
Don't work at outdoor temps below 20°F(outdoor reset does though).
Still lets the boiler temp increase too much, if you use a setback thermostat. Since it bases its temps on length of heat call.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Damn it! I went to pick up a 1:1 out door reset astat for my boiler last year, and the guy at the counter told me about this heat manager. ok, so he sold me. I've had it sitting around since last spring. i finally put it in and seems to work ok. if what you guys are saying is accurate then i will be one pissed off Joe! What have you guys found to be the issues?
Thats when I bought mine and just got around to installing. I do have a tankless coil and set back t-stats so it's not working for me.domestic water gets cold half way thur shower.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have a heat manager on my boiler with a tankless... I call it a triple aquastat! :brows:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts