HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nathan...

It would be nice if those posting new threads or replies could have the ability to delete a thread that they started or posts they have posted.

This would be particularly helpful with a topic that becomes a "dead" issue.

Another nice tool to have would be the ability for the original thread starter to be able to move a thread into another, more appropriate forum.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you click the report a post button the moderators will be notified of a problem. You can use that to request a thread be moved to a new topic.

As for the ability to delete a thread, threads are discussions with multiple people taking part. For the thread starter to have the ability to remove everyone else's comments by deleting the topic just doesn't seem fair which is why we don't allow it.

·
Banned
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you click the report a post button the moderators will be notified of a problem. You can use that to request a thread be moved to a new topic.

As for the ability to delete a thread, threads are discussions with multiple people taking part. For the thread starter to have the ability to remove everyone else's comments by deleting the topic just doesn't seem fair which is why we don't allow it.
Fair enough

·
Banned
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gotcha....problem is that sometimes a thread is started that isn't worth 2 cents...for example I have a thread that I started titled with just a "?" ...I would like to delete it but I can't. I tried to report it but I did not see the report button to click.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.