HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
North of 52
122 Posts
Unless they have a problem 99.9% of my customers will say it worked fine for all these years and you are trying to sell me something I don't need.

Hey G, we did a job today, G71, PCO, XC13, General Humidifer and a HRV150 all in one old house. Salesman made a killing. Probably a $15,000 or more job.

I'm in the wrong dept.

·
Registered
250 Posts
how long does it take to drill 2 to 4 1/4 inch holes and place my digital gage in each of the holes while the system is cooling less then 5 min.
in that amount of time I will know actual readings of air flow and be able to tell the homeowner wherer actual problems are by comparing readings.
I think I would have the upper hand with the homeowner compared to those how dont do it. I tell the homeowner the static pressure test is like checking the human bodys blood pressure to determine sickness. You could add an extra 5 min time explaining trhat to the homeowner so to sell them on duct repairs. being that I am my own Boss and sales man,,I can spend the exrta 5 10 min with the homeowner.
Ok now can you show me a calculation that gives you total cfm using static pressure at the furnace/airhandler and how that relates to delevered cfm from the system to the building?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ok now can you show me a calculation that gives you total cfm using static pressure at the furnace/airhandler and how that relates to delevered cfm from the system to the building?
The test will give cfm output of the equipment as well as duct work issues only.When I install a piece of equipment. I will adjust fan speed that will give me the best cfm out put wth out having extremly high static pressure. Most seam to think that just because a furnace comes in high speed cooling that that is where it is to be left.With so many poor duct systems out there We can only do so much.
Once I Know the unit is putting out 1200 cfm then I can test output of each register using my TSI flowhood. I would only do this test when customer balanceing complaint.

Next week I will be replacing a furnace and adding A/C.
She does not want to pay extra for enlarging the 12pc. 4 " supplys
When the systm is compete and running. She and I will do a static test together to show the results. The ranch will run forever to cool and have extremly high static/noise/stress on the motor and most emportant less efficiency. Im hoping to convienve her that she need this repaired.

·
Tech./Sales Consultant
609 Posts
i check CFM on all my annal inspections. And if i have to pull a blower wheel I lube the shaft with Vaseline before i put it in.:001_tongue:
And you claim to not be approachable:shifty:

Sounds more like you like to back into parties wearing union style longjohns to me:thumbup:

You sure we haven't met?;)

·
Registered
roofing
1 Posts
I learned what I needed from this few days ago but I just made an account so I want to say thank you. My cheers goes out to you guys here tonight as I listen to George Thorogood's "I drink alone" lol. Cheers!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts