HVAC Site - Professional HVAC Contractors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Tech./Sales Consultant
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the Acadia low temperature heat pumps are going to soon be qualified for tax credits in the same way that geothermal and solare is; 30% of the total job cost.

This will certainly make it better for contractors to install this 14 SEER, two stage cooling system that does a remarkable job of heating with 120 degree outlet air down to -20f without the aid of auxilliary heaters.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Looks like the Acadia low temperature heat pumps are going to soon be qualified for tax credits in the same way that geothermal and solare is; 30% of the total job cost.

This will certainly make it better for contractors to install this 14 SEER, two stage cooling system that does a remarkable job of heating with 120 degree outlet air down to -20f without the aid of auxilliary heaters.
They are nice units we did a job last year with them whish i took some pictures it came out real nice :thumbsup:

·
Tech./Sales Consultant
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are nice units we did a job last year with them whish i took some pictures it came out real nice :thumbsup:
OK j, edumacate me a little here. Does it get colder in Vegas then I thought it did or are do you live somewhere other then your username implies?:001_unsure:

What were some of the differences in installing the Acadia over what a regular heat pump requires? Did the additional physical weight cause any issues? Was remembering to insulate both refrigerant lines a hinderance? Anything I can pass on to contractors installing these systems for the first time that might help prevent frustrations or problems?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah, you can get a 30% tax credit from the federal government for installing a geothermal heat pump, which will take some of the sting out of the price. also numerous states and power companies offer some form of aid(loans, rebates, tax credits/deductions).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts